ENVIRONMENTAL WASTE MANAGEMENT PROCEDURE
Waste management is the general manner or approach adopted in handling, treating recycling and disposing wastes generated.
WASTE HANDLING AND TRANSPORTATION
The following shall be complied with, while handling, storing or transporting wastes:
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Reference to the SHOC card for handling chemicals/solvents.
- Use of trolleys and carts for transportation of hazardous waste
- Use of the Waste Consignment Note in waste transportation in accordance with the procedure for Waste Consignment note.
Upon agreement with our client waste shall be taken to the client facilities for disposal until concrete plans are made for waste disposal.
WASTE TREATMENT AND DISPOSAL
Our waste treatment and disposal facilities, Client and government approved site shall be utilized in our project
STEPS TO TAKE FROM WASTE GENERATION TO DISPOSAL
When wastes are generated, the following steps will be followed:
- Wastes would be segregated at source.
- Facility Manager or HSE Engineer to ensure segregated wastes are quantified (use scale or estimation technique).
- Facility Manager or HSE Engineer to ensure that WCN (Client WCN & KEC WCN) is completed.
- Facilities Manager to inform dispatcher/ transporter to dispatch and transport waste to our or client/government approved treatment, recycle and disposal sites
- Dispatcher to dispatch waste to transporter with WCN.
- Transporter to transport waste to receiver at disposal site.
- Receiver to receive waste at site and sign the WCN. It is required that the HSE Focal Point in the area be informed / asset teams to liaise with Originator and to close out consignment)
- Upon return to base KEC WCN to be given to KEC HSE Engineer for inclusion of waste data in Waste Management Information System.
WASTE SEGREGATION AT SOURCE
Flow Diagram of the Waste Management Process
In line with CLIENT, Federal and State environmental guidelines, wastes are classified as:
- Industrial waste
- Domestic waste
- Office waste
- Hazardous waste
The industrial, office and domestic categories are defined broadly in terms of the origin of the wastes and handling procedures.
JOURNEY MANAGEMENT POLICY – WASTE TRANSPORT
It is Kingdom E & C policy that all journeys made for the purpose of company operations must be adequately and properly planed prior to embarking on such journey.
Kingdom E & C shall guarantee the integrity of the journey management system by appointing the Authorizing Person(s) who authorizes all journeys made.
The Policy on driving any Kingdom E & C vehicles, be it light or heavy duty vehicles are listed as follows:
- All drivers will have undergone a record of road tested and defensive course before driving for the company
- Unauthorized driving of company vehicles is not allowed
- Approved drivers are to drive vehicles within the class (grade) of vehicles for which they are approved.
- All drivers to be approved by the HSE Manager
- Seat belts must be worn always by drivers and all persons in the company vehicle
- No persons are to be carried in the back of company truck or pick up vehicles
- Kingdom E & C vehicles are to be used for only Kingdom E & C business, unless the assigned employee has prior written authorization.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited
- All state and Federal driving regulations shall be observed.
- Kingdom E & C Policy on speed limits must be followed
- No night driving(1900 to 0600 hours) is allowed
- All vehicles not assigned by the Logistics Manager must be left at the Kingdom E & C base
- Accidents, no matter how small must be reported
- All accidents must be investigated
- Vehicles must not be over-loaded beyond the acceptable rated capacity
- Each vehicle must be used strictly on assigned type of load.
- All personnel must be properly kited with appropriate PPE at work site.
- Drivers must sign and return a copy of waste consignment note (WCN) at every point of loading and offloading.
Journey Management and operation violation is viewed with seriousness by Kingdom E & C Management and disciplinary action in terms of warnings, suspension or automatic dismissals depending on the report of line Review Panels shall be applied.
WASTE MANAGEMENT PROJECT EXPERIENCE
|NAME OF PROJECT/CONTRACT/JOB||DATE||NAME OF CLIENT|
|Total E&P HSE/Environmental Waste Management 3 Years Running Contract||2014 to 2017||
Total E&P Portharcourt
|Chevron sludge evacuation and Tank Cleaning/Eka Atta Onne (Partner)||2012 to date||Chevron / Eka Etta Onne|
|FHI General Maintenance and HSE Works||2012 to date||
Family Health International
(Anambra / Abia)
|Civil Structural Engineering, procurem and construction of office facilities –procurement of HSE and office equipment provision||2011||GEO INFO SURVEY & ENGINEERING LTD|
|1.2, 1.6 AND 1.8 MILLION LITERS CAPACITY STORAGE TANK EPC ENGINEERING SUPPORT AT ONNE FOR BEACONS/DEPAT.||2010||BEACONS DEPAT INTEGRATED LTD|
|BONGA FLOOD – TOPSIDE PIPING EPC/HSE FACILITIES INSPECTION ACTIVITY||2010||DORMANLONG/ SNEPCO|
|SPDC SEA EAGLE PLATFORM MAINTENANCE OPERATION||2011||SPDC SEA EAGLE/DORMANLONG|
|1000T Tank Farm Engineering Consultancy||2011||DEPAT INTEGRATED/ NAOC|
|BONGA PIPE SPOOLS UPGRADE-PROCUREMENT MAINTENANCE/CONSTRUCTION||2009||DORMANLONG/ SNEPCO|
|EPC-INSPECTION OF 100PCS. 28” DIAMETER PIPELINE FLOATER||(2009)||NESTOIL / SPDC-NCTL|
|EPC of 36’’ Pipeline / river crossing floaters||(2009)||NESTOIL / SPDC-NCTL|